Website Reconstructing Judaism
Deeply Rooted. Boldy Relevant.
Reconstructing Judaism seeks an enthusiastic assistant to support strategic advancement including its Development Department and additional administrative areas as needed. The development team is fast-paced, relationship-oriented, and in charge of fund development for the organization. Reporting primarily to the Vice President for Development and Philanthropic Advisor while also receiving directives from the rest of the team, the ideal candidate demonstrates strong time-management skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, and excellent verbal and written communication abilities. The candidate should be detail-oriented and able to work well both independently and as a supportive and positive team member. This position is a prime opportunity for someone looking to grow their knowledge of nonprofit administration, organizational advancement, and fundraising in a progressive, collaborative environment. It is estimated that this position will spend approximately 60% time on development-related tasks and, over time, will spend 40% time on other administrative needs.
This is a hybrid position, with an expectation of working from our Wyncote, PA offices a minimum of two days per week. The successful candidate will be assigned a company laptop to facilitate remote work on the other three days.
Gift Administration & Acknowledgement
- Logging gifts and pledges into Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database platform.
- Generating weekly acknowledgment letters.
- Logging correspondence into Raiser’s Edge NXT database platform.
- Saving gift information in compliance with audit standards and best practices.
Donor Communication & Stewardship
- Managing recurring and special mailing projects.
- Liaising with scholarship recipients and other students for donor stewardship communications.
- Periodically sending mass email communications from MailChimp or via email merge.
Database: Entry and Coordination (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT)
- Updating constituent records after e-mail distributions and other actions or communications.
- Entering participation information for all events as assigned.
- Completing other tasks related to the maintenance of the database
Travel Preparation for Key Senior Management and Donor Events
- Collecting needed collateral for the President and CEO’s travel as anticipated and assigned.
- Packing and shipping collateral to travel and event destinations according to timeline.
- Monitoring quantities of collateral and donor gifts, re-ordering as needed.
General Administrative Support
- Supporting department-wide and smaller group meetings.
- As needed, supporting cross-departmental needs and other departments in need of additional administrative support.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel (must be able to pass online skills assessments for these programs as part of the hiring process).
- Articulate, organized, detail-oriented and proactive.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to retain information, master new skills quickly and self-train.
- Ability to perform tasks independently, multi-task and take initiative.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a kind and positive approach.
- 2+ years professional experience geared toward administrative support, business or fund development, ideally engaging customers/stakeholders, working with CRM databases, and/or supporting the activities of an executive or department.
- Experience (volunteer or professional) with or interest in learning about nonprofits and fundraising is helpful.
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge preferred, but not required.
Salary: $46,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with excellent benefits that include health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and time off for major Jewish and American holidays. We offer a dynamic and progressive workplace. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement as indicated above.
To Apply: Applicants should submit cover letter & resume to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Diversity is a core value of our organization. Reconstructing Judaism is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected classes. All are welcome to apply.
Reconstructing Judaism is the central organization of the Reconstructionist movement. We train the next generation of rabbis, support and uplift congregations and havurot, foster emerging expressions of Jewish life, and encourage people to be their best selves — always helping to shape what it means to be Jewish today and to imagine the Jewish future.
Reconstructionists approach Judaism — and life — with deep consideration of the past and a passion to relate it to the present. We have originated many of the core innovations of today’s Judaism and lead efforts to make our congregations and havurot even more groundbreaking, inclusive and relevant.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org