Reconstructing Judaism is excited to announce Tzedek Circles.
This Zoom series, starting in March, will introduce five social justice initiatives from trusted partner organizations. Each “Tzedek Circle” organization offers a supported model for organizing a small, self-sustaining group of congregants to do impactful advocacy or service work on the most pressing social justice issues of our day, and to create new opportunities for leadership and engagement in your communities.
Each one-hour presentation will feature a different organization explaining what they do, why it’s important, and how those interested can get involved at either the individual or group level.
Each session will be recorded and sent out to everyone who registers for the event.
Here’s a taste of the Tzedek Circles offerings:
- Learn how you can support free, fair, safe, and accessible U.S. elections Thursday, March 7, 1-2 p.m. EST with A More Perfect Union: Jewish Partnership for Democracy.
- Explore how your existing relationships can empower you to work for the future viability of our multiracial democracy Tuesday, March 12, 1-2 p.m. EDT with Democracy Circles.
- Jewish Earth Alliance can help you advocate for urgent action on climate change at the federal level. Hear more about their work on Tuesday, April 9, 1-2 p.m. EDT.
- Want to aid people fleeing persecution and conflict? On our call with HIAS, they’ll explain their role as an organization for Welcome Corps, a private sponsorship initiative that helps resettle refugees. DATE/TIME TBD.
- In Dayenu Circles, small groups of people gather for grassroots work with a Jewish voice on climate action. Join us to hear more about their movement and model. DATE/TIME TBD.