RENA, The Reconstructionist Educators of North America, is a professional group for people leading schools in Reconstructionist congregations and other educators committed to the values and vision of Reconstructionist education.
RENA in Hebrew means both “spirited song” and also “shout.” As Reconstructionist Educators of North America, we have come together to share the joy we find in Jewish educational leadership. But we’re also here to speak up to help our voices be heard for Jewish education.
Who is Eligible for RENA Membership?
- Individuals who are currently serving Reconstructionist congregations as Directors of Education or Assistant Directors, or those who are recognized as fulfilling these functions by their congregation, whether or not they are compensated
- Directors of Jewish Early Childhood programs in Reconstructionist congregations
- Paid Youth Directors in Reconstructionist congregations
- Paid Family Educators in Reconstructionist congregations
- Graduates of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College who function as Education Directors
- Former RENA members who are working as Jewish educators in non-Reconstructionist settings
The RENA membership form is available here.
For more information, please contact Karen Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
RENA Conference 2022/5783
Mah L’Asot (What Should I do?)
Answering Questions About Moving Forward in Education
November 9-11, 2022 via ZOOM
Join RENA colleagues and friends for three days of learning, collaboration, inspiration, networking, and fun as we meet at our Virtual Conference.
Our conference is virtual but it will still be dynamic. Though not in person, the connections we sustain through RENA are very real.
Workshops will include:
Ways to create a welcoming environment for students with disabilities.
New songs and stories to teach our values.
Building Jewish leaders in a safe learning environment for families.
The complicated questions of teaching about Israel
Talking about Reproductive Rights in the changing American landscape.
We will also be invited to join the Kaplan Center for Jewish Peoplehood for presentations by the Dan Cedarbaum prize in Jewish Education winners sharing their innovative ideas in education.
Our evening program will be an opportunity to share funny, insightful and engaging stories of our jobs. Frustrations, Fun, Fits and Festivals.
Fill out the form and join us for this grand opportunity. For questions contact George Kelley at email@example.com
R.E.N.A., The Reconstructionist Educators of North America, will:
- provide an organizational framework and support group for Reconstructionist Education Directors;
- clarify and develop the roles of Reconstructionist Education Directors within their individual institutions and within Reconstructing Judaism);
- advocate within individual institutions and within Reconstructing Judaism for the needs of education programs and educators;
- promote development of long-term goals and vision for Reconstructionist Jewish Education; and
- promote sharing of current practices and goals in Reconstructionist education in the areas of curriculum, personnel issues, administration of youth and adult education programs
RENA is an affiliate organization of Reconstructing Judaism.
Current RENA Board