RENA, The Reconstructionist Educators of North America, is a professional group for people leading schools in Reconstructionist congregations and other educators committed to the values and vision of Reconstructionist education.
RENA in Hebrew means both “spirited song” and also “shout.” As Reconstructionist Educators of North America, we have come together to share the joy we find in Jewish educational leadership. But we’re also here to speak up to help our voices be heard for Jewish education.
Who is Eligible for RENA Membership?
- Individuals who are currently serving Reconstructionist congregations as Directors of Education or Assistant Directors, or those who are recognized as fulfilling these functions by their congregation, whether or not they are compensated
- Directors of Jewish Early Childhood programs in Reconstructionist congregations
- Paid Youth Directors in Reconstructionist congregations
- Paid Family Educators in Reconstructionist congregations
- Graduates of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College who function as Education Directors
- Former RENA members who are working as Jewish educators in non-Reconstructionist settings
For more information, please contact Karen Morris (email@example.com)
RENA Conference 2023/5784
Let’s Take a Bite out of the Big Apple
November 8-10, 2023
Hosted at SAJ – Judaism that Stands for All
15 West 86th Street, New York, NY 10024
Join us for three days of learning and community at the birthplace of Reconstructionism as we step into the next 100 years of innovation.
We will learn from each other, explore the city and take advantage of all the things New York has to offer. including Zabar’s, the Jewish Museum, Broadway, Central Park, and more!
For questions contact George Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download and print our our flyer or check it out below:
R.E.N.A., The Reconstructionist Educators of North America, will:
- provide an organizational framework and support group for Reconstructionist Education Directors;
- clarify and develop the roles of Reconstructionist Education Directors within their individual institutions and within Reconstructing Judaism);
- advocate within individual institutions and within Reconstructing Judaism for the needs of education programs and educators;
- promote development of long-term goals and vision for Reconstructionist Jewish Education; and
- promote sharing of current practices and goals in Reconstructionist education in the areas of curriculum, personnel issues, administration of youth and adult education programs
RENA is an affiliate organization of Reconstructing Judaism.